Monday, September 28, 2009

Fwd: CBC School Outreach starting

This is a great FREE opportunity for kids interested in writing and journalism. Book soon.
CBC Ottawa's School Outreach program is once again ready to visit your school for another season. The program has already reached more than 3,600 students in Ottawa and Gatineau in 200+ classes since 2004.
I'm Laurence Wall, the News Producer at CBC Radio in Ottawa. I speak to classes on several topics, including: Journalism as a Career, All About the CBC, History of Canadian Broadcasting, How to Write for the Media and more. I can even tailor a class for a specific course, such as Law and the Media. These presentations are especially well-suited for classes in English, History, Media Studies, Writer's Craft and Careers. I've also spoken to intermediate and advanced ESL classes.
I'm available to speak at schools mornings only because of my on-air commitments, starting at 11:30.
Of course, there's no cost for this service. It's a fair exchange: your class gets to be informed and entertained for an hour. In return, the CBC reaches future listeners to tell them about a pretty terrific broadcasting service.
If you'd like me to visit your class (and I hope you do), please e-mail me at radnews@ottawa.cbc.ca I'll do my best to meet your requests. If you know of other teachers or groups who might be interested in this program, feel free to forward this e-mail to them.
I've pasted below a precis of the Outreach program. I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards,
Laurence Wall
CBC Radio Ottawa.